The live online demo is now back, after a longer break that I had planned;
sorry about that. Please try sending a message
to email@example.com and then visit
the demo and see if you can read it.
Some important points to note:
- Decimail Webmail currently doesn't work with any version of
- Although some attempt is made to sanitise HTML email, this is
far from perfect. Beware of malware-fueled spam.
- Please don't try to send email from the demo. It certainly
won't work (deliberately), and it might break something. (You are
welcome to bring up the compose window, just don't press send.)
- You're welcome to try sending messages with smallish
attachments, e.g. images, to the demo account from outside.
- Feel free to subscribe the demo address to low-volume mailing
- Remember that this is still Alpha code; you can expect it to
fail. Please report any interesting failures in the forum.
- The demo is using a Dovecot IMAP server, rather than Decimail
Server. I've done this for two reasons. First, it gives me the
oportunity to test Decimail Webmail with a second server and hopefully
find some more bugs. Secondly, Dovecot should be faster than Decimail
server so you'll get a clearer idea of the webmail performance.