Work To Do
The following are things that I may add at some point, in no
- Better handling of character sets. Currently the browser is
tricked into treating the incoming IMAP data with an appropriate
character set; this was a nice idea, but unfortunately it doesn't work
for things like non-ASCII characters in subject lines and
- Thorough testing and porting to a variety of browsers and
IMAP servers (volunteers needed). Internet Explorer is the main
challenge, and show-stopper.
- Adjust column sizes dynamically. Unfortunately this hits a
- Show truncated info from message list when hovered over.
- Keyboard mapping using QWAZERTY.
- Subscribing and unsubscribing from mailboxes.
- Periodically check for new mail in unselected mailboxes. This
needs multiple IMAP connections.
- Expunge deleted messages.
- Beautification. Would anyone like to submit some icons
- Performance improvements. (Firebug's profiling tool could be
useful for this. Run-time memory use is also an interesting
- Some sort of mailbox search feature.
There is, of course, much more that can be done. If you
would like to help do please get in touch.